The purpose of which is to recognize and promote the artistic significance of handmade knives in the 21st century, to advance their collection and conservation, and to support the craft and creative expression of the individuals who design and make them.
• To increase awareness and acceptance of custom knives and the collecting of such as a respected and appreciated art form.
• To create a worldwide united and organized group of custom knife collectors, makers and dealers to assist in getting corporate, media and art community support for the betterment of the industry.
• To seek out and interact with related groups and organizations in attempt to create new interest and to help in recruiting new custom knife collectors.
• To educate and mentor new custom knife collectors and makers.
• To form a network of custom knife makers and collectors to promote the industry and support one another.
• To create ways in which for custom knife collectors to better market and connect with other collectors in regard to buying/selling/trading their knives on the secondary market.
• To create more open dialog between customs collectors and makers in regard to education, knife design, knife construction and sound business practices.
• To represent members and the custom knife community’s interest regarding issues and political policy which could have a negative impact on knife owner rights and the custom knife industry as we know it today.
• To create a custom knifemaker data base to store maker’s pertinent information such as contact information, address, products offered, price range, certifications and maker mark/stamp history.
• To create general minimum quality standards for custom for custom knives and best business practices for use as guidelines for custom knife makers, dealers and collectors.
• To initiate discounts for the CKCA membership on materials & services.
CKCA INC Officers/Board of Directors
Ryan Hays (collector) - President
Jerry Fisk (maker) - Vice President
Mary Hays (collector) - Treasurer
Preston Gough (collector)
Kevin Jones (collector)
Mark Segars (collector)
Buddy Thomason (collector)